Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Designer Inspiration

SKYGARDEN by Marcel Wanders for Flos




'In my former house I had a fabulous antique decorated plaster ceiling. I called it my Skygarden, it always looked good even without me having green fingers or taking care of it very well. It didn't need water or sun but would live only on the warm rays of the electrical light under it. I loved it so much that by the time I moved houses I could not leave it. I had to find a way to take it to my new home. I took my tools and stole it from the ceiling. This fabulous piece of history is now secretly hidden in a minimalist architectural sphere in the heart of my new home where I can enjoy it with friends. If you tell no-one, I can share it with you'. __Marcel Wanders, 2008, Elle Decor International Design Awards, winner of Best Lighting.


The Skygarden can be seen at Inform Piccolo at 2124 Westlake Avenue, down the street from our main showroom.


Where else can it be seen in Seattle? Icecream anyone??? Let us know where you've spotted the Skygarden in town!!



No comments:

Post a Comment