Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ICFF 2010 - Hillary's highlights

Once again the ICFF was a great time. Too much to do and not enough time but that's okay - reason to go back!

I arrived into NY Sunday morning (after a tiring red-eye) and dropped my stuff at a friend's place in Williamsburg and headed from there to the show at the Jacob Javit's Center on the West Side. I spent the rest of the afternoon there taking it all in and catching up with all of our great reps as well as seeing interesting new pieces. After a subway ride back to Williamsburg where I freshened up, I was off the Vitra party in the Meatpacking district. They have one of the most incredible showrooms (in my opinion) around. It was a great event with a lot of people waiting to get in (I was on the list so no waiting around for me!!) and even more inside. The energy at these parties are always great and of course the people watching is fantastic. I love seeing what people are wearing in NY - a city of risk takers for sure! From there I met our wonderful rep from Tom Dixon and we attended the Finnish Design party at the Chelsea Market. Again, great people watching and delicious Heineken to drink!

The next day I found myself at the fair bright and early - 10 am when the doors openend. I did the rounds and was impressed by Tom Dixon, Arper, Santa + Cole, Jeremy Cole and new comers Roll and Hill. It was great to see Bensen there as well as Brent Comber - our neighbors to the North.

From there I checked out some showrooms in the city and was back home in Brooklyn early evening to ready for the night! Back into the city by 6! Up to E 58th St to attend the opening of the newly redisgned Poliform showroom. It is gorgeous and what a wonderful party. I then headed back downtown to SOHO for their festivities - including great parties at Ingo Maurer, De La Espada, Boffi, Fontana Arte, and Molteni (among many others). I had a lovely dinner with the owner and our rep of our new outdoor line, Harbour Outdoor. Thanks, guys!

Day 3 I spent in the city touring the Cappellini, Cassina, and Poltrona Frau showrooms - all gorgeous and different in their own rights! I also made a pit stop at Moooi in SOHO and met up with our reps there for a run-through of the new products that came out in Milan. Great new stuff coming! Sadly my trip ended there. The weather had been amazing the first two days but this day felt more like being in Seattle - quite the rain storm it was and made for getting to the airport a little slower. After packing up in Williamsburg (thanks Ramsay!) I was off to JFK to fly home. All in all a wonderful trip and like I said before, not enough time but reason to get back out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment